37. Chaim Yahil, Director-General of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, to the Israel Missions Abroad; Jerusalem, 27 June 1960
A request to the diplomatic representatives of Israel to probe the willingness of foreign governments to assist in gathering evidence and preparing for the trial.
38. Assistant Commander Ephraim Hofstadter, Deputy Head of Bureau 06, to Chaim Yahil, Director-General of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs; [Iyyar Camp], 19 September 1960
Request for assistance in collecting evidence in Hungary about Eichmann's role in organizing the Final Solution there, including copies of all the testimony given in trials in Hungary against people accused of Nazi crimes, and documents collected by a Hungarian historian.
39. Commander Avraham Selinger, Head of Bureau 06, to Yosef Nahmias, Inspector-General of the Israel Police; [Iyyar Camp], 25 November 1960
The attorney-general has informed them that Foreign Minister Golda Meir considers it desirable to include in the trial material on the connections between the Nazis in general, and Eichmann in particular, and the Arab countries and the mufti of Jerusalem, Haj Amin el-Husseini. Surveys the testimonies and documents to be found on the subject.
40. Summary of a meeting held at Yad Va'Shem, the Holocaust Martyrs' and Heroes' Remembrance Authority, on selecting witnesses to appear in the Eichmann trial; Jerusalem, 23 November 1960
ISA/RG 79.11/A/ 3056/38
A discussion among representatives of the police, the prosecution and Yad Va'Shem, regarding the witnesses who should be called and the issues that should be emphasized in their testimony; cooperation among the various bodies.
41.Commander Avraham Selinger, Head of Bureau 06, to Yosef Nahmias, Inspector-General of the Israel Police; [Iyyar camp], 11 December 1960
Opposes the opinion of the minister of justice, Pinhas Rosen, that Adolf Eichmann's memoirs should not be used against him by the prosecution. These memoirs were recorded by the Dutch journalist Willem Sassen in 1956, and were published in part in 'Life', the American weekly.
A complete copy of the "Sassen Document" can be found in the Israel State Archives.
To view pages from the Sassen report
42. Michael Musmanno to Yitzhak Olshan, President of the Supreme Court in Jerusalem; Pittsburgh, 28 December 1960 (In English)
Musmanno, a judge in the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, who was invited by the government to serve as an observer at the Eichmann trial, proposes to appear as a witness based on his previous experience as a judge in the Nuremburg trials.
43. Gideon Hausner, the Attorney-General, to Golda Meir, Minister of Foreign Affairs; Jerusalem, 18 January 1961
Proposes to invite official observers from the governments of Argentina and West Germany to the trial. Representatives of the four powers that presided over the Nuremberg war crime trials should also be invited, in order to present the Eichmann trial as a continuation of that undertaking.
44. Chaim Yahil, Director-General of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, to the Israel Missions Abroad; Jerusalem,
25 January 1961
Directives for dealing with the many requests of governments, private organizations and individuals for their representatives to be present at the Eichmann trial.
45. Commander Avraham Selinger, Head of Bureau 06, to Yosef Nahmias, Inspector-General of the Israel Police: Summary Report on the Bureau's Activities; [Iyyar Camp], 14 February 1961
Summarizes the action taken by the police for the detention and interrogation of Adolf Eichmann; collection of evidence in Israel and abroad for the trial, according to countries; summaries of the interrogation and collection of evidence, and the names of the unit commanders who composed the summaries. An introductory note mentions the enormous load on the police investigators and suggests ways to compensate them.
46. Gideon Hausner, the Attorney-General, to Prime Minister David Ben-Gurion; Jerusalem, 1 March 1961
Praise for the police officers of Bureau 06 on their work and on the high level of the summaries and evidence they presented to him on the eve of the trial.